Options and Tips for Buying Custom Faux Wood Blinds
Real wood blinds are luxurious and add warmth to every room, but they also require more care and can be expensive. If you want the look of real wood without the price tag, faux wood blinds are a great option! Plus they have some benefits to them that real wood blinds just don’t have. Options and tips for buying custom faux wood blinds.
Let’s take a look at some. Options to choose from when buying custom faux wood blinds and their benefits.
High End Style on a Budget
Real wood can be expensive, but faux wood blinds give you the look and feel with a smaller price tag. Faux wood blinds can match just about any home decor style from minimalist to French country. You can even choose to have realistic wood grain texture and stain color. All the options to choose from include:
- Texture: Choose from realistic wood grain texture or smooth texture
- Color: Choose from a variety of stains or paint colors from maple to espresso or white to black
- Slat Width: Wider slats are great for more traditional styles while thinner slats are great for more modern home decor styles
- Mount: You can have your blinds mounted outside or inside your window framing. This can be based on your personal tastes, but the depth of your window frame can also dictate the mount you need.
- Corded vs. Cordless Lift: You can still opt for the pull cord style operation, but for modern decor or homes with children and pets, we recommend upgrading to cordless blinds to eliminate the choking hazard they pose or for a clean look
- Rounded Corners: A small upgrade that changes the cut of the slats, adding a subtle design touch
- Routeless: This upgrade eliminates the holes for the cords to pass through, giving you the ultimate in light blocking and privacy (note: this feature is not ideal for outside mount blinds)
- Cloth Tapes: An upgrade that adds flair to your wooden blinds and can be used to cover route holes to increase privacy and light blockage.
- Valances and Cornices: These add a stylish topper to your blinds for a more finished look.
Unlike wood blinds, faux wood blinds can withstand temperature changes and high humidity without warping, cracking or fading. You can even have them installed in kitchens and bathrooms, where it is not recommended that you install real wood window treatments. Options and tips for buying custom faux wood blinds.
Faux wood blinds are made of a composite or PVC material, making them a cinch to clean! Regular dusting should be done to keep them in optimal condition. For a deeper clean, simply wipe them down with soap and water. You can even put them in a bath full of water or hose them off outside if needed.
Why Choose Custom?
Faux wood blinds are more durable than their real wood counterparts, but custom faux wood blinds are made to stand the test of time even more. You know that saying, “You get what you pay for,” right? It could not be more true when it comes to window treatments. Day in and day out, your window treatments are exposed to the elements: dust, UV rays, grease splatters, you name it! Custom faux wood blinds are made from higher quality materials than you’ll find in the big box stores. Not to mention that they are made to perfectly fit your windows, giving you better privacy and light blocking power!
A Final Consideration
Finally, it’s important to note that faux wood blinds are heavier than real wood blinds. If you have a large window, we recommend sectioning your blinds or opting for a matching vertical blind.
Elevate Your View
Whether you are ready to upgrade your existing window treatment or fill in a blank canvas that is a new home, Elevated Views is ready to help! Our experts can help you through every step of the process, from choosing the right window treatment and options for your budget, to installation that is done right the first time. We understand that the right window treatment can literally change your view! Schedule your free in-home consultation and quote today and we’ll bring the showroom to you!